Everyone loves a rich, comforting pasta bake, and this recipe is easy enough to make for a midweek dinner.
Suitable for Vegetarians
500g of Filled Pasta (Tortellini, Ravioli) – Meat or Vegetable filling
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 jar (800g) Passata
250g Chestnut Mushrooms
300ml Double Cream
Prep time 10mins – Cooking time 50mins – Ready in 1hr
- Dice the onions and chop up the mushrooms into slices and add to a saucepan with the oil, then cook until the mushrooms reduce in size and get a touch of colour.
- Then add the tomato puree, mix well and fry for a further 1-2mins and then add the passata. Mix altogether and season to your liking then leave to simmer slowly for around 30mins. (Whilst the sauce is cooking, put the oven on to 200 degrees.)
- Once the sauce has cooked add in the double cream and mix together thoroughly until you get a light creamy orange colour, if the sauce is too thick add a touch of water.
- To a baking tray add the pasta of your choice, then slice or break apart the Mozzarella by hand and add this generously all over the pasta along with the sauce. Mix the pasta, Mozzarella and sauce well together.
- Cover the baking tray with foil and put into the oven for 25mins, once the timer has finished remove the foil and place the tray back in for a further 5 mins.
- When ready leave to stand for 10mins then serve.