This pasta dish is our version of a Spaghetti Carbonara, replacing the bacon with our delicious 100% pork Tuscan sausages – making this a must try!
Not suitable for Vegetarians
4 Tuscan Pork Sausages
4 Large Flat Mushrooms
1 Glass of White Wine
1 Large Egg Yolk
½ Pint Double Cream
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep time 10 mins – Cooking time 20 mins – Ready in 30 mins
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, chop your onions finely and add to the oil to fry until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile cut the Tuscan sausages into small pieces (around 1cm) and add them to the onions once the onions are cooked.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then drain some of the moisture off.
- Meanwhile chop the mushrooms and add, cook until soft. Add the white wine, cover and cook for 5 minutes and then another 5 minutes uncovered to reduce.
- In a separate measuring jug, mix the egg yolk with the cream and grate some black pepper into it. Once the wine has reduced down, add the cream and egg mix and simmer (don’t let it boil).
- To a saucepan of salted boiling water add your pasta and cook until al dente (7-8 mins). Drain the pasta, warm through your sauce and add to your pasta. Serve straight away.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top (optional).